2011 was a year full of successes and an abundance of projects pertaining to the wide range of services we offer at Creative Consulting & Development Works. Please visit our services page for more information on what we offer. This is our year in review.
RESEARCH & EVALUATION
- Our Research Unit conducted an end-line survey on the perceptions and societal stigma of cancer in three communities in Eastern Cape, Western Cape and Kwa-Zulu Natal . This was a follow-up to the baseline study conducted in 2010 for John Snow International Inc.
- Our research team conducted a baseline study on Child and Maternal Health in four provinces for World Vision's Child Health Now Programme.
- Our experience in the arts, creative and training sectors proved valuable with a desktop research study for the Western Cape Cultural Commission.
- The research team completed telephonic interviews for the Trade and Sector Development Outcome Survey Project and BBBEE for the Department of Economic Development and Tourism,Western Cape Provincial Government.
- We developed a report on social cohesion for the City of Cape Town.
- An impact assessment of the Poverty and Development course was undertaken for HOPE Africa.
- Our team conducted a panel study for the Department of Economic Development and Tourism,Western Cape Provincial Government on pre- and post-2010 FIFA World Cup SMME (small, medium, micro-enterprises) performance.
- Our team focused on a sector bodies evaluation of nine Special Purpose Vehicles (SPV's) for the Department of Economic Development and Tourism,Western Cape Provincial Government.
- Our team conducted an extensive winter and summer Visitor Tracking Survey in the Western Cape for Cape Town Roots Unlimited.
- We have commenced an evaluation of the Aids Foundation of South Africa's Culture & Health Programme in four provinces.
- We undertook an evaluation of SCORE's Hope through Action Project in Mbekweni.
- We launched our Corporate Social Investment (CSI) offering “CSI Works” to corporate clients. Our years of experience in the development sector, specifically in project evaluation, enables us to provide tailored CSI services to the business sector.
- We conducted an assessment for the Department of Economic Development and Tourism,Western Cape Provincial Government of the Tourism Safety and Security Programme.
- We undertook an outcomes assessment survey of beneficiaries of the Craft, Film and Business Support Programmes for the Department of Economic Development and Tourism, Western Cape Provincial Government.
- Our Communications Unit concluded production of a Constitution booklet (in Xhosa, English & Afrikaans) on behalf of the Western Cape Provincial Parliament.
- We assisted Southern African Aids Trust and produced two publications: Counselling Guidelines for Voluntary Male Circumcision and Psychosocial Support for Children and Adolescents.
- We provided content development and provided editing expertise by developing a guideline booklet for the Expanded Public Works Programme (EPWP), Department of Transport & Public Works, Provincial Government of the Western Cape. We also did a photoshoot with students of the Infrastructure Development Programme for EPWP.
- Our Communication Team continued to support UNAIDS through ongoing research and uploading of content onto their 'HIV this Week' blog.
- We provided continued communications support to NADCAO.
if I could... internship programme
- We upscaled our internship programme, if i could… an internship placement service offered to international graduates seeking development experience in South Africa.
- We launched an international street team and recruited young adults to help promote our internship programme.
- We welcomed Banu Aras, a student from Turkey focusing on health economics, into our Research Unit, and Rachel Petua visited Heart 104.5fm on a radio broadcasting internship, as part of this programme.
CONFERENCES, WORKSHOPS AND FACILITATION